Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Time saver

Credit for this post goes to my labmate Daniel Larremore.  For those of you out there like me who grew up in the age of Facebook, it can be difficult to just close the window and step away.  I know, I know, I get my news there too...my friends post fascinating articles, and so many of my college friends are studying such interesting topics in their own grad studies: stem cells, behavioral ecology, sociology, public health.  But, checking multiple times a day doesn't do much for my productivity.

Enter LeechBlock.  Best app ever.  I have blocked Facebook between the hours of 9am and 5pm.  When I type facebook.com into my search bar between those hours, I see this screen:
Yes, I can wait 60 seconds and get access...but usually I don't.  Time saver, willpower enhancer, all around great app.  Thanks, Daniel. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment